When I was a kid, I was more than a little frightened of my basement.
Every time I went down there, I’d turn on as many lights as I could so there would be no dark corners. When I left, I’d book it as fast as I could, afraid that my feet would be pulled out from under me before I could reach the top of the stairs.
Now that I’m an adult, I’ve definitely grown out of that fear for the most part. But when I come across creepy pictures like these, they quickly send me right back into my old basement nightmares.
1. This looks like it came straight out of “The Ring.”
2. If a doorway to Hell exists, this is it.
3. I don’t know what’s creepier, their eyes or the doorknob placement.
4. Nothing to see here, just a headless mannequin convention.
5. I guess I’m never sleeping again.
6. Whatever you do, don’t pull that sheet off.
7. James Brown has never looked more terrifying.
8. This disturbing scene was found in a restaurant basement.
9. This is so cute. NOT.
10. Whoever put that there is a big jerk.
11. Why these freaky things exist is completely beyond me.
12. This poor creature resides in the basement of a museum.
13. Okay, what is it with all of these mannequins?
14. The previous owners of this lovely house were drug dealers.
15. This photo of medical students posing with cadavers came out of someone’s basement.
16. Now I can carry out that Voodoo ritual I’ve been wanting to try!
17. I don’t think it would be a good idea to plug that in.
18. This is disturbingly lifelike.
19. What would make someone want to hang this strange thing up?
20. This is what happens when spiders are taken over by fungus.
21. Those two objects are actual bones.
22. I’m just glad I’m not the person who discovered this.
23. Time to move before your head joins the collection.
Okay, so maybe being afraid of the basement isn’t as ridiculous as I previously thought. There sure are some nightmare-inducing things down there.